Visitor Parking Permits exempt the bearer from time limits and/or meter parking fees in the resident parking area written on the front of the Permit, where parking is signposted "Permit Holders Excepted" or "Authorised Residents Vehicles Excepted".
These Permits may be purchased by residents of the North Sydney Council area (proof required, see note below) from our Council Customer Service Centre for $2.
Each residential property is entitled to 30 Visitor Parking Permits per year.
Unused permits will not be exchanged, rather new parking permits must be purchased (in effect from 1 July 2015).
There are strict conditions of use for the permits:
- Visitor Parking Permits are not interchangeable and must be used during the allocation period.
- It is offence not to comply with the conditions listed below.
- This permit can only be used once, and for one day only.
- This permit is valid only if one date has been scratched off (ie. the day of use).
- This permit is valid only in the Parking Area written on the front.
- The permit is valid only where parking is signposted. Permit Holders Excepted or Authorised Residents Vehicles Excepted.
- The permit is valid only if it is clearly visible to an authorised officer.
- This permit must be displayed on the left-hand side of the vehicle’s front windscreen.
- Misuse of this permit is an offence.
- This permit is not valid for use on a caravan, box trailer or boat trailer or any vehicle which exceeds 3 tonnes.
Holiday Visitor Parking Permits
Holiday Visitor Parking Permits may be purchased by residents of the North Sydney Council area (proof required, see note below) from our Customer Service Centre for $2.
Each residential property is entitled to 5 Holiday Visitor Parking Permits.
Holiday Visitor Parking Permits which are marked with an 'H' in the Parking Area are valid only between 1 December and 31 January.
Proof of Residency
Application for permits must be accompanied by proof of residential status - current identification registered to your residential address - using any one of the following:
- Driver's Licence
- Registration on Electoral Roll
- Electricity / Gas Account
- Rental Bond Board Receipt
- Bank Statement
- Residential Lease Document
- Home Contents Insurance
- Electoral Card
- Rates Notice - (owner residents only)