North Shore Railway Corridor Project
Since 2001 North Sydney Council has been negotiating beautification leases with the State Rail Authority.
Landscaping of portions of railway land that is not of operational use to State Rail gives us some control or how they look and operate for local fauna.
The first project in 2001 was Balfour St, Wollstonecraft.
Since then five parcels of railway land have been successfully handed over to Council for beautification. They are:
- Russell Street, Wollstonecraft
- Carlyle Lane, Wollstonecraft
- Union Street/Commodore Crescent, Waverton
- Lithgow Street, Crows Nest
- Gas Works Road, Wollstonecraft
The first four of the leases are Streets Alive projects and the fifth, Gas Works Rd, is a bushland regeneration project.