If you plan to undertake building work on your business premises, erect a new building, or increase existing floorspace, you need to lodge a development application (DA).
A DA is required to:
- construct a new building or structure, including outbuildings, swimming pools, and retaining walls
- add to or alter an existing building
- demolish a building
- demolish or alter a building that’s a heritage item or lies within a Heritage Conservation Area
- change the use of an existing building or premises
- subdivide land or strata subdivide a building
- display or construct an advertising sign
- carry out earthworks, excavation or filling.
Generally, all building and demolition work requires an approval from Council. Two approvals are required for most work – a Development Consent and a Construction Certificate.
Minor works may fall under the category of Complying Development, which only requires a Complying Development Certificate.
You can call, email or visit our Customer Service Centre for further assistance.Contact Council