- Forsyth Park
- Sportsground current status
Forsyth Upper - OPEN - 41.2%
Forsyth Lower - OPEN - 38.5%
Forsyth will remain open for this weekends sporting events.
- Sportsground moisture content
- Park, Playground, Bushland Reserve, Sportsground
One of North Sydney's premier sportsgrounds. The park and its new playground provide endless green grass and eye-catching views of the vibrant cityscape. Apart from the green swathes of the playing fields, the park also has an abundance of bushland. This combination makes it a popular place for both visitors and residents.
Park features include:
- a playground
- sports fields that cater primarily for cricket, soccer and hockey, as well as for football, training, school sport and carnivals.
- oval number 2 has floodlights, a long jump pit, toilets and change rooms
- a grassy lookout atop the former oil storage tanks
- seats and picnic tables
- a co-operative community garden
- a walking track and fitness equipment
- the Forsyth Park Community Centre, which is available for public hire out of hours
Dogs are welcome in the park but are not permitted on the sports fields when organised sport is being played, or within 10 metres of children’s play equipment. Dogs must be kept on a leash in bushland areas.
- Getting there and parking
- Forsyth Park is a short walk from Military Road and frequent buses. Limited on-street parking is available in Montpelier Street, adjacent to the playing fields.
- Plan of Management