- Lavender Bay Parklands
- Park, Playground, Boat Launching Ramp
The parklands comprise Clark Park, Watt Park, Quibaree Park, Lavender Bay Foreshore and smaller green spaces. These spaces include Wendy Whiteley's Secret Garden and Art Barton Park.
Clark Park features impressive views over Lavender Bay to the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the city.
Watt Park is more compact. It’s suitable for quiet reflection and relaxation. It also contains the parklands’ playground.
Quibaree Park is a narrow strip of waterfront land bounded by the water's edge and the railway viaduct. A boat ramp located in lavender Bay at the bottom of Lavender Cres.
Lavender Bay Foreshore is a narrow strip of waterfront land that links Quibaree Park to Luna Park, the harbour bridge and beyond.
Wendy's Whiteley's Secret Garden is an intimate, artistic space and garden. It’s positioned on an area of railway land below Clark Park. With a mix of exotic and native flora, the garden brings vibrancy to the narrow pathways that wind around the garden. It’s currently leased to Council for public use.
Parkland features include:
- The Peter Kingston walkway with small cast bronze sculptures of classic Australian cartoon characters
- Open grassy spaces with picnic tables, seats, paths, established trees and historic sandstone walling (Clark Park)
- A flagpole, a gathering point for memorial services and various sculptures (Clark Park)
- Picnic tables, pathways, an historic well and a custom heritage-themed playground and associated bubbler
- An historic slipway, a small boat ramp and a jetty with stairs (Quibaree Park)
- Public toilets, a small beach area and interpretive signage (Quibaree Park)
- A boardwalk with adjacent grassy areas and sculptures (Peter Kingston walkway and Art Barton Park)
- Walker Street Road Reserve and Bob Gordon Reserve are gateways to the Parklands
Dogs are welcome in the Parklands but are not permitted off leash in Clark Park. They are not permitted within 10 metres of the playground in Watt Park.
For exact locations of dog tidy bag dispensers, look at the dog tidy bag map.
- Getting there and parking
- The Parklands are a 10-minute walk from North Sydney railway station or a five-minute walk from Milsons Point railway station or Milsons Point ferry wharf. Limited parking is available in Lavender Crescent and surrounding streets.
- Plan of Management