- St Leonards Park
- Sportsground current status
- Park, Playground, Sportsground, Pool, Netball Court
One of North Sydney's largest and best-loved parks, St Leonards Park is rich in history and heritage. This park also appeals to sports lovers as it contains our premier sportsground North Sydney Oval, a multi-use sporting facility. With other sport facilities and a 15-hectare urban park, St Leonards Park is an inviting place to play, relax and socialise.
Park features include:
- sports facilities including North Sydney Oval with its grandstands, lighting, changing rooms and toilets; the Bon Andrews Oval, and associated Cunningham Pavilion; netball courts; cricket nets; a cricket wicket, and bowling greens
- the North Sydney Oval complex includes commercial and retail outlets, a child care centre, a function centre and one of Council's depots
- a custom playground with many accessible items and activities
- the Anzac War Memorial, Tunks Fountain and the Music Shell
- public toilets, shelters, lights, seats, picnic tables, BBQs, a bubbler, and paved pedestrian paths
- open lawn areas dotted with specimen trees and formal avenue plantings
Dogs are welcome but are not permitted on North Sydney Oval, the Bon Andrews Oval nor within 10 metres of the playground or barbecues.
- Getting there and parking
- Buses run regularly along Miller Street, or the park is a 15-minute walk up Miller Street from North Sydney railway station. Limited parking is available in the surrounding streets.
- Plan of Management