- Waverton Park
- Sportsground current status
Waverton Park - OPEN
Waverton will remain open.
Waverton will remain open for this weekends sporting events.
- Sportsground moisture content
- Park, Playground, Bushland Reserve, Sportsground
Waverton Park is part of an extensive open space network on the Waverton peninsula that includes the BP Parklands, Balls Head Reserve and the former Coal Loader/Caltex site.
Park features include:
- floodlit sports field that caters for cricket, soccer and touch, as well as for training, school sport and carnivals
- fully fenced Merrett Playground that caters to children of all ages and abilities
- the historic Geraghty Gates located in the north-western corner of the park
- public toilets and change rooms
- seats and picnic tables
Dogs are welcome in Waverton Park but are not permitted on the sports field when organised sport is being played or within 10 metres of the playground.
- Getting there and parking
- Waverton Park is a five-minute walk from Waverton railway station. Limited on-street parking is available in the area.
- Plan of Management