- Maccallum Pool
- Outdoor harbour pool
Maccallum Pool, on the western side of Cremorne Point, is a unique 33 metre harbourside pool with heritage character and superb views.
The pool is always open and only closes for cleaning as detailed below.
Because the pool is above the high-water mark and it is filled with water directly from the harbour, it needs to be regularly cleaned.
The pool is cleaned once a week (tide dependant) and requires closure to reduce the health and safety risks of an empty or half-full pool. Once the pool is refilled to an adequate level it is reopened to the public.
Please be advised, due to necessary maintenance works, Maccallum pool will be closed from 7am 20 November to 7am 27 November. We apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time.
The pool is closed for cleaning on the following 2023 dates:
- from Tuesday 3 October 1am, until Wednesday 4 October 7am
- from Wednesday 11 October 9am, until Thursday 12 October 7am
- from Thursday 19 October 1am, until Friday 20 October 7am
- from Wednesday 25 October 8am, until Thursday 26 October 7am
- from Wednesday 1 November 1am, until Thursday 2 November 7am
- from Tuesday 7 November 6am, until Wednesday 8 November 7am
- from Thursday 16 November 1am, until Friday 17 November 7am
- from Thursday 23 November 7.45am, until Friday 24 November 7am
- from Thursday 30 November 1am, until Friday 1 November 7am
- from Thursday 7 December 6.45am, until Friday 8 December 7am
- from Thursday 14 December 12am, until Friday 15 December 11am
- from Monday 18 December 2am, until Tuesday 19 December 7am
- from Thursday 28 December 12am, until Friday 29 December 11am
The cleaning closed and open times are estimates only and may vary due to tides, weather, or other variables out of our control and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please also check the times posted on the pool gates, or speak with one of our friendly maintenance team.