- Tunnel One at the Coal Loader
- Contact details
2 Balls Head Drive, Waverton NSW 2060
- Website link
- Image of the space
- Information about the space
Bookings by external parties for activities that are consistent with the Vision and Objectives below and Council objectives are welcomed and encouraged.
Vision and objectives
The vision for the Coal Loader is to operate a high-quality facility that will educate and inspire the wider community to put sustainable living ideas into practice.
The objectives of the Coal Loader are to:
- operate an innovative, high-quality learning facility that meets the needs of the community
- showcase sustainable design/principles that are realistic and transferable to residential stock
- bring together the best available knowledge and expertise to build community awareness and understanding of sustainable living
- support and lead the way towards a more sustainable future
- facilitate community collaboration, leadership and participation
The four 180-metre-long, coal-loading tunnels, running parallel to each other under the platform have been refurbished and now serve very different purposes. Tunnel One now functions as an atmospheric, hireable event space.
- Ideal for
- Private parties
- Awards ceremonies
- Team building events
- Photo/film location
- Film projection
- Venue capacity
- Dependent on event type
- The tunnel is 180 metres by 2.7metres, and the 25 chambers are approximately 4.5 by 5 metres each.
- Hours of use
8am to 10.30pm (extension may be possible upon approval)
- 3 female, 3 male, 1 ambulant. Located on the main Coal Loader site and accessed via lift. Additional toilets can be hired for the space.
- Via lift or stairs from the platform, walk from Balls Head or Waterhen Drive. Private vehicle access via Waterhen Drive.
- Tunnels are accessible via the lift.
- How to book
Fill out a Hire the Tunnel One Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hire costs
Bond $200 - $600
Day rates apply for bookings longer than two consecutive days. Price given upon application.
Day of the week Time Cost Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm $85 per hour Monday to Friday 4pm to 10pm $110 per hour Saturday and Sunday 10am to 4pm $150 per hour Saturday and Sunday 4pm to 11pm $250 per hour
- Additional fees
Fee type Cost Professional staff cost recovery
$105 per hour (inc GST)
Minimum 3 hours
Bins (recycling or landfill) $70 each (inc GST) Ranger additional call-out $200 (inc GST) Fire technician Minimum $200 per call out (inc GST) Filming in public areas (low disruption) $150 (inc GST) Filming in public areas (medium disruption) $300 (inc GST) Filming in public areas (high disruption) $500 (inc GST) Assessment of traffic management plans $150 to $330 Event cancellation fee $100