- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy
- Document link
North Sydney Council is committed to respecting and promoting equal opportunity, cultural inclusion, safety and security and an environment which is free from harassment and discrimination. Council will not tolerate such unreasonable behaviour at work. The organisation has an expectation that staff standards of conduct and proper behaviour towards each other as well as customers will be demonstrated by dignity and respect, communicating in a professional manner and resolving any conflict that may arise according to process.
Council aims to ensure that when employment decisions are made, they are based on merit. Council also aims to create a work environment which promotes good working relationships.
Council will assist employees in reaching their full potential by maintaining a workplace that is free from discrimination, harassment, vilification and bullying, and by treating people equitably and valuing diversity.
Council aims to:
- create a working environment which is free from discrimination and harassment where all staff are treated with dignity, courtesy and respect
- provide an effective procedure for complaints, based on the principles of natural justice
- treat all complaints in a sensitive, fair, timely and confidential manner
- promote appropriate standards of conduct at all times
- ensure staff behave in a way that is consistent with our corporate values