Food business premises registration and information

Register food business premises

To operate a food business in the North Sydney area, you must first register with Council.

Please note, you cannot prepare food for sale at home unless you have a Complying Development Certificate or Development Consent. If you do not have Council consent to prepare food for sale at home, you must rent or use a commercial kitchen.

If you want to alter the design or layout of your food premises, refer to this Food Premises - Design, Construction and Fit-out Guide.

To register your food business, you will need to supply the following information about your business:

  • name of business owner
  • business address 
  • type of business
  • type of food 
  • name of your Food Safety Supervisor, if required
  • location of all food premises used by your business.

You must also notify us of any changes to your business details or of a change of ownership.

Register your food business

Failure to register your food business may result in a Penalty Infringement Notice (fine).

Please note, all food businesses will be charged an annual administration fee. 

Fresh herbs

Complete our free food safety training

Our 'I'm Alert' free food safety training program is provided in partnership with Environmental Health Australia.

Sign up now