We welcome public events that are organised by external parties. All public events, regardless of size, must apply and receive a Public Event Permit in order to proceed.
To hold a public event on Council land, you must follow the steps below:
- Read the Public Events Policy and the Public Events Guidelines.
- Pick a park for your event location.
- Discuss the event and location of the proposed event with our Events Officer by emailing email@example.com
- Follow-up with an application in writing. Provide as much information as possible, using our checklist as a guide - Checklist for Public Event Permit.
- Send your public event application to our Events Officer.
Standards for serving food at public events
If there are food services at your event applicants must read the:
In your application, you need to show how you will comply with the requirements.
Notification to NSW Police
Detailed and complex community events or those of a political nature may need to submit a Notice of Intention to hold a Public Assembly to the NSW Police/Northshore Police Area Command. For advice on whether this is a requirement for your event please contact the North Sydney Council Events Officer.
Contact the Events Officer
Please contact an Events Officer for your questions on external events held on council land.