The library is home to eight book groups of up to 16 people who meet once a month.
At the first meeting of the year, each group selects the books they will read and discuss for the coming year. The aim of the group is not necessarily to agree but to air opinions and engage in conversation with a little lively debate along the way.
To join a library book club, register your interest below and our staff will get in touch with you.
Setting up your own book group
Book club kits
Our book group kits are available to borrow - and we've chosen some exciting titles that will get your book group talking.
The kits include eight to 10 copies of a single title, along with background information and discussion questions. Some kits may include a large print or audiobook version or a DVD of a related movie. Each book club kit is stored in a convenient carry bag.
- Kits can be borrowed for a six-week period. They can’t be renewed or reserved.
- Kits must be borrowed as a complete set.
- The books must be returned as a complete set with the provided bag and any accompanying materials.
- Kits must be returned during Library opening hours.
- In the unlikely event that items are returned late or a book is lost, standard fees will apply.
Browse our complete list of book club kits through the catalogue.
We always welcome suggestions for new titles to be purchased for the book club collection.
Tell us what you think we should add to the collection by completing the form below.