Library membership is free, giving you access to a large collection of books, movies and music, as well as our eLibrary collection.
We have three types of membership available.
Full membership for NSW residents
Sign up for a full membership in person at our library. You need identification with your current NSW home address.
Young people under the age of 18 need the signature of a parent or guardian to borrow library items.
- borrow an unlimited number of items including books, DVDs, CDs, talking books and magazines
- download eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and stream movies
- borrow and return at any Shorelink Library: Lane Cove, Mosman and Stanton
- access online research and family history resources
- use the PCs and wi-fi network in the library
- use the library's facilities and resources
- join in children's holiday activities, preschool Storytime and Rhymetime
- enjoy free lunchtime conversations with authors, artists and experts
- join a book club to stay connected with the library.
Membership for non-NSW residents
If you’re an interstate or international visitor, without a permanent New South Wales address, you can apply for a three-month membership.
With this membership, you can borrow five items from the library, use the PCs and wi-fi network in the library and access our eLibrary collections online.
Registering for an eCard membership online gives instant free access to our eLibrary collections. This includes eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, streaming movies, research databases and more. Upgrade to full membership by visiting our library with your current identification. eCard membership is only available to residents of the North Sydney Local Government Area.