Willoughby Road in Crows Nest is being refreshed with new paving, lighting and street furniture. The existing planter boxes defining the outdoor dining areas will make way for a more contemporary design.
The area to be upgraded extends from Burlington to Albany Street and includes many popular outdoor dining areas and entertainment areas.
- Road crossing for Ausgrid conduits outside 39 Willoughby Road have been completed
- Contractor, Garde will finish work on Friday 15 December and return to work on Monday 8 January 2024
- Footpath trenching for new streetlighting completed from Albany Street to Ernest Place
- Footpath trenching will take place between Ernest Place and Burlington Street and be completed 15 December
- A site compound will be in place outside no. 31 to 45 Willoughby Road
- Electrical underbore connection to Northside Centre at no.65 Willoughby Road has been completed
- Council adopted the preferred design option 1C on 27 February 2023.
- The tender for undergrounding of power and lighting upgrade was awarded on 28 August 2023
- Construction commenced 5 October 2023, with anticipated completion mid-2024.