Fitness trainers are permitted to train clients outdoors for free, as long as they comply with the following:
- read the Outdoor Fitness Training Code of Conduct and follow the Code at all times
- complete the Trainer Declaration
- and return the Declaration in person to North Sydney Council's Customer Service Centre.
Outdoor fitness code of conduct
The purpose of the Council Outdoor Fitness Training Code of Conduct is:
- to eliminate negative behaviour that interferes with the amenity of local residents and other park users
- to ensure access and use of public open space is preserved for all members of the community
- to protect public open spaces and public domain for future community use
- to provide the opportunity for the community to benefit from, enjoy and engage in fitness training in a variety of outdoor environments.
Where fitness training is permitted
Under the Code of Conduct, fitness training is not permitted within marked sportsfields or bushland zones (unless on footpaths), or anywhere on the Coal Loader Platform.
Our Customer Service Centre operates from 9am to 5pm. Our Council Rangers are on duty and contactable seven days a week from 5.30am to midnight.Address: