What is Harvest Collective
Over 100 North Sydney residents have successfully participated in Harvest Collective since 2020. Harvest Collective is a program that assists North Sydney residents to set up their own food garden and join the sustainable food movement.
The program is suitable for those who either live, work or study in the North Sydney Local Government Area (LGA). The food garden could be at your home, apartment block, neighbourhood centre, church group, school or any other group you are involved in.
What is provided as part of the program?
- Free online food gardening course (valued at $99 per person) which has been developed by horticulturist and educator Toni Salter. Participants complete six modules at their own time and pace. The course includes:
- six hours of instructional video
- how-to factsheets
- step-by-step instructions on planning, planting and garden management
- a garden journal
- a bonus growing guide for 30 different veggies
- three facilitated 'live tutorial sessions' via Zoom with Toni Salter to support your online learning. Each session recaps two modules per session, with open Q&A on participant projects.
- a $25 Bunnings voucher to purchase gardening supplies at the completion of your course.
- commit to completing the online course, the estimated time is between six to 12 hours at your own pace
- participate in a minimum of two online live Zoom tutorial sessions during the course (dates TBC).