Council offers a free graffiti removal service for private property owners in the North Sydney Council area.
This service is subject to the following limitations:
- The graffiti can be seen from a public road, public park or other land that the general public is allowed to use.
- Its removal can safely be undertaken by a two-person crew without the aid of scaffolding or other specialised lifting equipment.
- Its removal can safely be undertaken with limited traffic control equipment that can be reasonably carried in the vehicle being used by the two-person crew.
- To participate in the program, the property owner needs to sign an agreement with North Sydney Council.
Contact Council for graffiti to be removed from Council-owned property.
You can call, email or visit our Customer Service Centre for further assistance.Contact Council
Graffiti management policy
Unwanted graffiti can affect property values, community wellbeing, and civic pride.
With the cooperation of local residents, we aim to quickly remove graffiti from Council- and privately-owned properties.
Under the management plan, Council's graffiti removal contractor will be provided with a list of properties to be managed each month.
These will include:
- Selected Council-owned and private properties that are patrolled regularly with graffiti removed within three days.
- Council-owned and private properties that are not patrolled regularly but once graffiti is reported, it is removed within three days.
- Reported and identified bill posters to be removed within five working days.