PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS:
I have read and understood the requirements for members of the public addressing the Traffic Committee that are extracted below. The following points should be noted by members of the public wishing to address the Traffic Committee:
• Addresses must relate to an item on the Agenda;
• Addresses should be limited to three (3) minutes, with a possible extension of time at the discretion of the Chairperson;
• Addresses should be made to “Mayor, Councillors and Committee Members”;
• If you have previously addressed the Traffic Committee on the subject then any further address must be made to present new information ONLY;
• Groups, or persons wishing to present similar points of view, should nominate a spokesperson - not address the Traffic Committee individually; and
• Having made your address and answered any questions put to you by the Committee, you may take no further part in the discussion.
• The meeting is not a debate, it is a forum to allow the Committee to hear the community’s concerns.
• Council may record the meeting to assist with preparation of the minutes, however the recordings will be deleted and will not be published or distributed.
• I understand that there is no parliamentary privilege associated with Traffic Committee and I take full responsibility for any comment or statements that I make.
Applications to address Traffic Committee should be received by 12 noon on the Thursday before the meeting and should indicate whether you are for or against the recommendation.
The following physical distancing conditions for attending the meeting will apply:
• Applicants will be required to confirm their attendance on arrival and asked to use the hand sanitiser available. Facemasks will also be available if they wish to use them;
• People addressing the Traffic Committee will be seated in front of a device connected to Zoom, to allow others watching the webcast to view their presentation;
Applicants will also be advised verbally when contacted by Council staff to confirm the above physical distancing conditions for attending the meeting.
Thank you for your interest in attending the Traffic Committee Meeting. Public attendance at Traffic Committee meetings is an important part of North Sydney Council’s commitment to maintaining an open government.
Please fill out the form to register your interest to attend in person. Due to space restrictions in the Council Chambers, we have a maximum public attendance of 16. If room capacity is exceeded then attendees will be asked to wait in a designated area until their item is called. Council staff will contact you as soon as possible if you are unable to attend the meeting due to numbers restrictions.
Registrations must be made before 12PM on the Thursday before the meeting.