The Community Strategic Plan is the highest level plan that Council will prepare in accordance with Integrated Planning and Reporting legislation.
It is also Council's most important strategic document.
The plan identifies the community's main priorities and aspirations for its future, and plans strategies for achieving them.
The Community Strategic Plan 2013-2023 (9MB) sets the future direction for the community of North Sydney.
Council prepared the plan in partnership with local residents, students, businesses, other levels of government, educational institutions and non-government community and cultural organisations. Council is the key driver of the plan, but its implementation is the shared responsibility of all community stakeholders. While many of the 'strategies' relate directly to Council activities, some can only be achieved with help from other stakeholders.
For its part in putting the Community Strategic Plan into practice, Council has prepared:
- A four year Delivery Program, outlining Council's role and commitment to actions that it will take to meet the desired 'outcomes'. The Delivery Program describes the 'actions' required of Council to achieve the 'strategies' outlined in the Community Strategic Plan.
- An annual budget and Operational Plan (within the Delivery Program) identifying the activities to be carried out in each financial year, the associated expenditure, and the key performance targets and measures that will be used to report progress. As part of the development of the budget and Operational Plan each year, Council also sets its fees and charges; and
- A Resourcing Strategy (6MB) this includes a Long Term Financial Plan, Asset Management Strategy and Workforce Strategy.
An important aspect of Council’s integrated planning and reporting framework is measuring and reporting on Council's progress in achieving the Community Strategic Plan.
For more information or copies plans contact Council's Corporate Planning Coordinator on 9936 8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Community Strategic Plan 2013-2023 was adopted by Council on 17 June 2013, and came into effect on 1 July 2013.
The following documents relate to the 2012-2013 review of the Community Strategic Plan:
Council needs to adopt the revised North Sydney Community Strategic Plan by June 2018.
To inform the review we undertook extensive community engagement program to ensure all stakeholders have the opportunity to contribute.
The first phase of consultation commenced in November 2017 asking what your vision for North Sydney is and there are many ways to share this with us.
The second phase will include more detailed discussions based on themes, following collation and analysis of the feedback received in the first phase.
The final phase will be in May 2018, as part of the public exhibition of draft strategies, and part of that will be checking that the vision and priorities reflect what you told us:
Have your Say
The feedback we receive will also be used to prepare the following strategic documents for Council:
- 3 year Delivery Program including financial estimates.
- 1 year Operational Plan and Budget (including Revenue Policy).
- Resourcing Strategy made up of: Long Term Financial Plan, Asset Management Strategy and Workforce Management Strategy.