Hire the Coal Loader
Address: 2 Balls Head Drive, Waverton NSW 2060
Tel: (02) 9936 8100
Fax: (02) 9936 8474
More information: services and facilities of the Coal Loader
The Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability is a community resource dedicated to facilitating education, engagement and capacity building in all facets of environmental sustainability.
Bookings by external parties for activities that are consistent with this purpose, the Vision and Objectives below, and Council objectives (refer to our Community Strategic Plan) are welcomed and encouraged.
Vision and Objectives
The vision for the Coal Loader is to operate a high quality facility that will educate and inspire the wider community to put sustainable living ideas into practice.
The objectives of the Coal Loader are to:
- Operate an innovative, high quality learning facility that meets the needs of the community.
- Showcase sustainable design/principles that are realistic and transferable to residential stock.
- Bring together the best available knowledge and expertise to build community awareness and understanding of sustainable living.
- Support and lead the way towards a more sustainable future.
- Facilitate community collaboration, leadership and participation.
There are multiple venues for hire at the Coal Loader:
- the Mess Hall,
- the Genia McCaffery Centre main meeting room,
- Tunnel One
- the Platform
The Mess Hall can be booked for functions, meetings, and class groups of up to 25 persons.
The Genia McCaffery Centre has valuable educational resources, thus activities such as weddings or parties not directly related to the site's primary function will not be considered.
Tunnel One has been used for art exhibits, music performance; and the Platform utilised for corporate days, sustainable fashion shows, music and so on.
North Sydney goes single use plastic free
Council has developed a guide to help the community, staff and hirers of the Coal Loader and other venues to avoid single use plastics. It includes examples of alternatives and other information.
Plastic Free North Sydney guide (8MB)
The guide will help implement Council’s single use plastics policy which applies to any disposable plastic item that is designed to be used once and then discarded.