Rubbish is collected Monday to Friday mornings at 4.30am* in two bins: red and yellow lid bins, see below.
Find your collection day (map tool)
*4.30am collection during the pandemic response.
Put your bins out the night before, near the kerb, but where it doesn't block the community.
General waste service is one 80 litre red-lid bin per week for each residential premises.
General waste service is one 240 litre bin per three units in a shared complex.
- If you are a new owner, please confirm your new waste charges correspond with the bin you're using in your new home.
- There is a strict limit to the number of waste bins or wheelie bins that each property is entitled to have emptied.
- Cardboard boxes, rubbish bags or any other waste receptacles other than the approved bin for a house or unit will not be emptied.
- Any bin which is in a condition likely to cause injury will not be emptied.
- We recommend that you number your waste bin(s) clearly to avoid a charge for someone else's extra garbage.
- For excess waste bins please purchase bins from recommended bin wholesalers - Environmental Bin Sales, Sulo, Mastec etc
Co-mingled recycling service is one free 140 litre free yellow-lid bin for each property and collected on the same collection morning*.
Please ensure containers are clean, dry and empty. Remove lids from bottles and jars and flatten cardboard boxes. NO plastic bags.
View what items are accepted or not accepted (3MB)
There's an App for that!
Recycle Mate app http://www.recyclemate.com.au/
The app is free to download for Apple and Android devices.
The standard service is charged a standard flat fee, to check fees (incl pensioner) go to our fees & charges and search on "domestic waste".
One-off disposal of excess rubbish - purchase an excess waste sticker from us (ring us or come in) to stick on an extra 80 litre standard bin (or it will not be emptied), and if you are a tenant sharing an extra 240 litre mobile bin then stick on three paid stickers. To check fees go to our fees & charges and search on the words "domestic waste".
Ongoing increase to your waste service - to use larger than a red-lid 80 litre bin, or additional bin, please complete an Excess Domestic Waste Service form below, and contact us when you buy your bin. If you are a tenant then apply through your agent or property owner. To check fees go to our fees & charges and search on the words "domestic waste".
Use our form to apply online:
Ongoing excess Domestic Waste
or download and print a paper form:
Excess Domestic Waste - single dwelling (205KB)
Excess Domestic Waste - multi dwelling (185KB)
Household & Green Clean Ups
FREE pickups on alternate Mondays that needs to be booked by 4pm for Household clean up, and Green clean up.
Businesses are advised that they should contact a commercial waste contractor regarding any trade waste or recycling for their premises.