Every second Monday (dates below) there is a Council pickup for residential household items.
There are two ways to book in your pick up:
Allowed for single residences is 2m2 (like a small box-trailer load), and 0.5m2 for each unit in multi-unit residences.
Items NOT Accepted
- kitchen food scraps
- soils, stones, concrete, building wastes ie. kitchen/laundry/bathroom and other renovation material/rubble, treated timber, and wooden or other type pallets
- liquid waste, paint
- bean bags
- motor vehicle body and parts (including tyres)
- oversized items such as hills hoists, baths, sinks, vanities, laundry tubs/sinks, toilets, commercial size fridges, etc.
- green waste is not accepted instead use the Green Waste clean up.
- recyclable materials such as cardboard, glass
- large glass over 1m long (eg. windows, mirrors)
Items - how to present them for pickup
- items must not be placed out earlier than the Sunday before the Monday collection
- put items outside the property boundary, or within 2m of an entrance
- large items and whitegoods should be put on a main street frontage and not in a rear laneway (so the large truck needed can access them)
- small and light items should be put in unwanted containers such as cardboard boxes or plastic bags, and these will be taken as part of the clean up.
E-waste and Other Items
E-waste is not accepted in this clean up - please use the CRC.
If you are unsure about an item - check our A-Z of Waste & recycling.
Or try Rehoming?
Before you throw it out, why not resell, give away, or swap - try this list of rehoming options.
2021 Collection Dates (includes public holidays)
Mon 04 January
Mon 18 January
Mon 01 February
Mon 15 February
Mon 01 March
Mon 15 March
Mon 29 March
Mon 12 April
Mon 26 April
Mon 10 May
Mon 24 May
Mon 07 June
Mon 21 June
|Mon 05 July
Mon 19 July
Mon 02 August
Mon 16 August
Mon 30 August
Mon 13 September
Mon 27 September
Mon 11 October
Mon 25 October
Mon 08 November
Mon 22 November
Mon 06 December
Mon 20 December