Every second Monday (dates below) there is a Council pickup for residential household items.
There are two ways to book in your pick up:
Allowed for single residences is 2m2 (like a small box-trailer load), and 0.5m2 for each unit in multi-unit residences.
Items NOT Accepted
- kitchen food scraps
- soils, stones, concrete, building wastes ie. kitchen/laundry/bathroom and other renovation material/rubble, treated timber, and wooden or other type pallets
- liquid waste, paint
- bean bags
- motor vehicle body and parts (including tyres)
- oversized items such as hills hoists, baths, sinks, vanities, laundry tubs/sinks, toilets, commercial size fridges, etc.
- recyclable materials such as cardboard, glass
- large glass over 1m long (eg. windows, mirrors)
- green waste is not accepted instead use the Green Waste clean up
Items - how to present them for pickup
- items must not be placed out earlier than the Sunday before the Monday collection
- put items outside the property boundary, or within 2m of an entrance
- large items and whitegoods should be put on a main street frontage and not in a rear laneway (so the large truck needed can access them)
- small and light items should be put in unwanted containers such as cardboard boxes or plastic bags, and these will be taken as part of the clean up.
E-waste and Other Items
E-waste is not accepted in this clean up - please use the CRC.
If you are unsure about an item - check our A-Z of Waste & recycling.
Or try Rehoming?
Household clean up material is sent to landfill. Before you throw it out, why not resell, give away, or swap - try this list of rehoming options.
2022 Collection Dates (includes public holidays)
Mon 03 January
Mon 17 January
Mon 31 January
Mon 14 February
Mon 28 February
Mon 14 March
Mon 28 March
Mon 11 April
Mon 25 April
Mon 09 May
Mon 23 May
Mon 06 June
Mon 20 June
Mon 04 July
Mon 18 July
Mon 01 August
Mon 15 August
Mon 29 August
Mon 12 September
Mon 26 September
Mon 10 October
Mon 24 October
Mon 07 November
Mon 21 November
Mon 05 December
Mon 19 December
* Council contracts this service to URM. To facilitate this service your personal details may be provided to URM who are bound by Council's privacy obligations - please refer to https://www.northsydney.nsw.gov.au/Information_Pages/Privacy