*** Urgent Update ***
Please be advised that collection of some household problem waste items from the Community Recycling Centre has been impacted following a fire at the processing and storage facility.
From Saturday 7 May the Community Recycling Centre will temporarily be unable to accept oils, paints, aerosols, household batteries, gas bottles (including propane) and fluorescent tubes/globes
Non-impacted waste items are still accepted.
Council will update this webpage with any changes or as soon as full collections recommence.
Residents are asked to safely store their problem waste at home until the CRC is fully operational and collections recommence.
The CRC is open with a COVIDSAFE PLAN in place.
To ensure the safety of staff, residents and members of the community, please be aware of the following measures in place:
- Please do not visit the CRC if you have Cough or Flu symptoms (like fever, sore throat, or runny nose) as you may put other users at risk.
- All CRC customers are to wear mask, and are to remain in their vehicles until directed to enter the drop-off area by a staff member.
- Only enter when the boom gate is lifted for your car by a staff member. Please drive in slowly as cars may be queued in the driveway.
- All CRC customers are required to self-unload their items without any assistance from staff. Customers should bring someone along to assist if required.
- All CRC customers must maintain physical distancing when unloading and depositing items in the respective cages.
The CRC is open during its normal operating hours (no bookings/appointments).
At the Community Recycling Centre (CRC) you can drop off a lot of household problem waste that cannot go in your kerbside bins.
This is a free service.
8 Waltham Street, Artarmon
Monday, Tuesday, Friday - 8am - 2pm
(NOT open Wednesday & Thursday)
Saturday and Sunday - 8am - 4pm
Closed on most public holidays.
Closed on ANZAC Day - Monday 25 April, 2022
With more residents dropping off problem waste each year, and limited room at the CRC for storage of waste before pickup, limitations have to apply on the maximum quantity of waste dropped off per visit. So only household quantities apply - with a maximum limit of 20 litres or 20kg per customer per drop off.
- [*see note above] paint (oil and water-based)
max limit of 20L of paint in containers no larger than 20L each (eg. 2 x 10L cans OR 1 x 20L can OR 5 x 4L cans) per customer per drop off
- [*see note above] motor oils and others (incl cooking oil)
max limit of 20L of oil in containers no larger than 20L each (eg. 2 x 10L cans OR 1 x 20L can OR 5 x 4L cans) per customer per drop off
- [*see note above] gas bottles
- fire extinguishers
- [*see note above] fluorescent, halogen, LED - globes and tubes
- e-waste (eg. computers, TVs, small electrical appliances), please remove plastic packaging on CDs/DVDs
maximum limit of 20kg per customer per drop off, also refer to alternative disposal here
- [*see note above] household batteries
- lead acid batteries (eg. car & motorbike batteries)
- [*see note above] aerosols
- smoke detectors
- mobile phones
- x-ray films.
maximum limit of 20kg per customer per drop off
- printer cartridges
sorry only these brands: Brother, Canon, Dell, Epson, HP, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Lexmark, Roland, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba
White goods (fridges etc).
Household chemicals and cleaners, motor fuels, acids and alkalis, garden and hobby chemicals, try - www.cleanout.com.au
Visit us in Artarmon!
Why use the CRC?
Most of the items accepted at the CRC can be reused or recycled. By sorting our waste and taking it to a recycling centre, we are:
- keeping potentially hazardous waste out of landfill
- helping improve recycling rates and
- saving water, energy and other valuable natural resources.
Around 4 tonnes of hazardous waste is collected each weekend and more than 3 tonnes of e-waste is collected each week. This potentially toxic waste is diverted from landfill and sent for recycling and processing.
Please handle and transport your materials carefully and safely. Protect your vehicle by placing items on a protective sheet or tray in the boot to capture any leaks or breaks.
Northern Sydney Community Recycling Centre (CRC) is partnered by these NSROC Councils: Hunters Hill Council, Lane Cove Council, Mosman Council, North Sydney Council, Ryde City Council, Willoughby Council,
Back to Listing