Rangers and Parking Officers are trained to assist members of the public with their requests for information and advice.
However, they cannot withdraw a notice once it has been issued or commenced.
Once a notice has been issued, there is an appeals procedure which is indicated on the reverse of the penalty notice.
Councils do not set or amend parking fine penalties.
Parking fines, their range and value, are set by legislation administered by the RMS and NSW Treasury, and collected by Revenue NSW.
Pay the Fine
You must pay the fine by the due/reminder date. You may pay by the options listed here:
Payment must be made to the Revenue NSW.
Council DOES NOT accept payment of fines.
If you believe a fine was incorrectly issued or you are having trouble paying the penalty amount, you will need to contact Revenue NSW which adjudicates representations on behalf of North Sydney Council and other councils. Visit the their website:
Or write to:
PO Box 786
Strawberry Hills NSW 2012
Tips for Safe and Legal Parking
- Read the signs - regulated parking areas are clearly sign posted to advise motorist of parking requirements for that particular area.
- Be aware of signage change - some timed zones may become Clearways, Transit Lanes or Bus Lanes.
- Ask a Parking Officer - they are only too happy to provide assistance on advice, directions and general information about the North Sydney area.
- Do not stop at anytime in a No Stopping area, Clearway or Bus Zone.
- Only park in a Loading Zone if your vehicle is principally designed for the carrying of goods. Sedans are not permitted at any time.
- Disabled Zones are designated for vehicles with a valid RMS Mobility Parking Scheme permit, which has to be displayed clearly on your vehicle.
- Do not park within 10m of an intersection without traffic lights or 20m of an intersection with traffic lights unless signage indicates otherwise.