About the Small Grants Funding Program
Applications for 2024-25 are open now until 15 March 2024.
North Sydney Council supports the provision of community services through financial assistance by way of small grants to not for profit community organisations. Dollar allocations are determined according to a project review, the project’s capacity to address areas of high priority social need and the organisation’s financial capabilities.
Small Grants are cash grants from Council, though they may include services on which a dollar value is placed. Funding amounts available are generally in the range of $500 to $2,000 with $2,000 being the maximum awarded per project per year.
Grants should be seen as a contribution rather than a commitment to fund the entire project.
The objectives of the Small Grants Program are:
- Provision of projects or services that are principally for the benefit of residents of North Sydney local government area.
- Engage and connect communities and reduce social isolation.
- Celebrate a culturally diverse community by facilitating and supporting local community cultural activities.
- Facilitate and enhance arts and cultural programs and facilities.
- Enhanced community safety and accessibility including support for drug and alcohol abuse, domestic violence, safety at home.
- Promote health and wellbeing, including recreation and leisure activities for all ages and abilities.
- Facilitating access to affordable housing and low cost accommodation as well as assistance for people at risk of homelessness.
- Encourage lifelong learning and volunteering.
- Provision of community services, facilities and information for children, families, young people, older people and people with disabilities.