If you have concerns about specific construction works, you should contact the nominated Principle Certifying Authority (PCA) in the first instance. A PCA can be a Private Certifier or the local Council.
If a Private Certifier fails to address the concerns raised, Council should be contacted for further assistance. If you have concerns about the work of a Principle Certifying Authority, including Councils, Fair Trading can investigate.
Where urgent action is required because of environmental risks, or where there is a significant breach of the development consent, contact Council immediately.
When you report an issue to Council, please provide the following information:
- property address relating to the complaint
- specific details of the issue
- your contact details – these details will be kept confidential by Council Officers but are needed if further clarification of your concerns/issues are required
- Development Application number (if known or applicable)
- confirmation that the Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) has been contacted in the first instance (if known or applicable).
Some developments do not need consent if they fall under the category of an 'exempt' or 'complying' development detailed in the planning documents below:
- Schedule 2 – Exempt Development of our LEP 2013
- Part 2 – Exempt Development Codes of SEPP (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008
Damage to property
If a neighbouring construction site has caused damage to your property, you should still contact the Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) in the first instance, before escalating to Council (if necessary).
Council is unable to grant permission for one property owner to access another property to carry out works, including repair.
As Council may only enforce requirements of a condition of a development consent, you may need to attend mediation with a Community Justice Centre or commence your own civil proceedings.
Our Customer Service Centre operates from 9am to 5pm. Our Council Rangers are on duty and contactable seven days a week from 5.30am to midnight.Address: