Find out more about your Stanton Library membership
- Borrow an unlimited number of books, magazines, audiobooks, music CDs and kits for 3 weeks.
- Fast Reads and Fast Flicks - popular and high demand items available for 7-day loan. No reserves, no renewals.
- Download eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines or stream movies from our eLibrary using your Stanton Library membership.
- Borrow and return at any of our Shorelink libraries, including Mosman, Lane Cove, St Leonards, Greenwich and The Yarn at Hunters Hill. See all Shorelink library locations and opening hours.
- Renewing your loans
If you have registered your email address with the library, your items will be automatically renewed twice unless another customer has reserved the item/s or you have reached the maximum number of renewals.
We will send you an email to let you know the items that have been renewed and their new due dates. For any items unable to be renewed, we will email you a courtesy reminder notice.
If an item you want to borrow isn't available now, you can reserve it for $2.50.
Reservations on junior and young adult items are free.
We'll let you know when it's available and put it on the reserve shelf for you to pick up.
You can also tell us which Shorelink library you want to pick up the item from, and we'll bring it to that location for you.
The only items you can't reserve are our Fast Reads and Fast Flicks collections.
- Overdue loans
Fees are charged for items returned or renewed after the due date.
- Lost and damaged items
If an item you've borrowed is lost or damaged, you'll need to pay a fee so we can replace it. See our fees and charges for details.
- Fees and charges
Find out about our fees and charges for overdue or lost items, printing, photocopying and other services.
- Lost cards
Don’t panic, we can get you a new one. A fee applies for replacement cards.
In the meantime, you can still borrow from our libraries as long as you show current identification or use the Stanton Library app.
The Stanton Library app gives you digital access to your library card, so you never have to worry about losing it again. When signed-in, you can check-out items using the digital membership card on your screen.
- Forgotten passwords
- Request an item not in the library catalogue
If we don't have the item you want, we would welcome your suggestion for purchase or you may request an item from another library service on interlibrary loan.