Library computers and wifi conditions of use
Inappropriate use of the internet may result in access being cancelled and further action being taken.
Stanton Library operates under the NSW Library Act 1939 and all its regulations and amendments.
These guidelines apply to all public internet users at the library:
- users must follow all directions given by library staff
- we have no control over the internet; content may be offensive to others
- we strongly advise against placing personal information – particularly banking details – on publicly accessible computers. This includes the computers in our library. We take no responsibility and have no control over the security of any information users place on the internet
- users must follow all relevant laws including copyright and licensing agreements.
The internet must not be used for:
- displaying pornographic, obscene, offensive or other material considered to be bad taste
- displaying material or any act that may incite hatred or violence
- any illegal act or related material.