At the Community Recycling Centre (CRC) at 8 Waltham Street, Artarmon,you can drop off household problem waste that can’t go in your kerbside bins.
This is a free service with no bookings or appointments.
Monday, Tuesday, Friday, 8am to 2pm.
Not open Wednesday and Thursday.
Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 4pm.
Closed on public holidays.
With more residents dropping off problem waste each year, and limited storage space at the CRC, there are limits on the maximum quantity of waste dropped off per visit. Household waste is limited to 20 litres or 20 kilograms per customer per drop off.
- paint (oil and water-based). Maximum limit of 20 litres of paint in containers no larger than 20 litres each (eg. 2 x 10-litre cans OR 1 x 20-litre can OR 5 x 4-litre cans) per customer per drop-off
- motor oils and others (including cooking oil). Maximum limit of 20 litres of oil in containers no larger than 20 litres each (eg. 2 x 10-litre cans OR 1 x 20-litre can OR 5 x 4-litre cans) per customer per drop-off
- gas bottles
- fire extinguishers
- fluorescent, halogen, LED globes and tubes
- e-waste (eg. computers, TVs, small electrical appliances). Remove plastic packaging on CDs and DVDs. Maximum limit of 20 kilograms per customer per drop-off, also refer to alternative disposal here
- household batteries
- lead acid batteries (eg. car and motorbike batteries)
- smoke detectors
- mobile phones
- printer cartridges. Only these brands: Brother, Canon, Dell, Epson, HP, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Lexmark, Roland, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba.
- X-ray films (temporarily unavailable)
- white goods (fridges etc)
- household chemicals and cleaners, acids and alkalis, motor fuels, garden and hobby chemicals. Visit www.cleanout.com.au
Site Safety Plan
To ensure the safety of staff, residents and members of the community, be aware of the site safety in place:
- do not visit the CRC if you have cough or flu symptoms (such as fever, sore throat or runny nose) as you may put other users at risk
- all CRC customers are to wear masks and remain in their vehicles until directed to enter the drop-off area by a staff member
- only enter when the boom gate is lifted for your car by a staff member. Drive in slowly as cars may be queued in the driveway
- all CRC customers are required to self-unload their items without any assistance from staff. If required, customers should bring someone along to assist
- all CRC customers must maintain physical distancing when unloading and depositing items in the respective cages.
Northern Sydney Community Recycling Centre (CRC) is partnered by these Councils: Hunters Hill, Lane Cove, Mosman, North Sydney, Ryde City and Willoughby.
You can call, email or visit our Customer Service Centre for further assistance.Contact Council