Apply for a construction permit

Apply to install hoarding

Prior to the installation of any temporary fence or hoarding over property owned or managed by Council, including public footpaths and roads, approval must be obtained.

All applications must be accompanied by plans indicating the type of hoarding and layout. 

Apply to install hoarding

Approval for hoardings will generally only be given in association with approved building works, maintenance, or to ensure protection of the public.

Fees are assessed on a case-by-case basis and are part of any approval given.

Hoarding must comply with the Hoarding Construction Guidelines and Requirements for the installation of A and B Class hoardings within North Sydney.

If an 'A Class' hoarding will alienate a section of Council's property, that section will require a permit for the occupation of Council property.