Apply for a construction permit

Stand Plant Permits and road closures

To ensure public access and safety is maintained, a permit is required to place plant equipment on a footpath, and to close any portion of a road or footpath in order to do so. 

You need a Stand Plant Permit to place any of the below in a public place:

  • mobile crane
  • cherry picker
  • truck crane
  • concrete boom pump
  • travel tower
  • boom lift
  • or other similar piece of equipment used for construction or maintenance work.

Apply for a Stand Plant Permit 

Please note, Council may impose additional conditions as part of a permit approval, and permits may be rejected without notice.

The application form must be completed and submitted to Council for approval.