Development Application decisions
If a DA generally complies with Council's development standards and has not raised any community objections, it may be approved by staff without the need to go to a Council meeting or a North Sydney Local Planning Panel meeting (NSLPP).
Once a DA has been determined, the applicant will be advised in writing of the decision, which will be one of the following:
- approval with certain conditions OR
Approval with conditions
Conditions attached to an approval may include:
- payment of certain charges for work on Council land, such as footpaths
- payment of charges to protect trees
- payment of contributions toward community facilities (such as libraries, parks etc) that future residents may need.
- for builders, an additional payment of the State Government Long Service Levy.
Deadline to complete approved works
You have five years from the start date stated in the Development Consent to start the approved works. The lapse date is also shown on the Consent.
You can call, email or visit our Customer Service Centre for further assistance.Contact Council