Any proposed changes to traffic or parking arrangements must be considered by the North Sydney Traffic Committee before they can be implemented.
Traffic Committee meetings are held at 10am on Fridays at six week intervals. Meeting agendas and reports are published on Council’s website on the Thursday in the week prior to the meeting, and can all be found lower down.
There are four voting members on the Traffic Committee - the RMS, the NSW Police, the local State Member of Parliament and North Sydney Council.
Council only gets one vote at the meeting - this is determined by the majority vote of the Councillors present at the meeting. The Mayor generally chairs the Traffic Committee meeting, however, in the absence of the Mayor one of the other Councillors will chair the meeting.
Traffic Committee agendas and minutes
- 2023 meeting dates
Traffic Committee meetings are held at 10am on Fridays at Council Chambers:
- 17 March, 2023
- 21 April, 2023
- 9 June, 2023
- 21 July, 2023
- 1 September, 2023
- 13 October, 2023
- 17 November, 2023
- 17 March 2023
This meeting will be held at 10am at Council Chambers.
- 5.01. Design Approval - West Street Cycling, Walking and Streetscape Upgrades
- 5.02 Traffic Delegations
- 6.01 Standing Item - Pedestrian Safety
- 6.02. Standing Item - Blues Point Road - Vehicle Noise & Traffic Issues
- 6.03. Standing Item - Sydney Metro - Project Update
- 6.04. Standing Item - Western Harbour Tunnel & Warringah Freeway Upgrade
- 10 February 2023
- 5.01 Traffic Delegations report - 10 February 2023
- 6.01 Standing Item Pedestrian Safety report - 10 February 2023
- 6.02 Standing Item Blues Point Road Vehicle Noise Traffic Issues report - 10 February 2023
- 6.03 Standing Item Sydney Metro Project Update - 10 February 2023
- 6.04 Standing Item Western Harbour Tunnel Warringah Freeway report - 10 February 2023
Watch the meeting