This committee deals with senior staff employment arrangements in closed session.
At its meeting on 30 April 2018 Council resolved:
THAT a Performance and Remuneration Committee be established to improve transparency and governance of employment arrangements.
THAT membership of the Performance and Remuneration Committee consists of the Mayor, Deputy Mayor, another Councillor appointed by Council and a Councillor appointed by the General Manager.
THAT the Performance and Remuneration Committee be authorised to:
- Provide a consultation forum between Council and the General Manager on the establishment and application of terms and conditions for staff.
- Facilitate consultation between the General Manager and Council on the appointment or dismissal of Senior Staff in accordance with s337 of the LGA.
- Establish and implement a robust performance management system for Senior Staff.
- Undertake the annual performance review process of the General Manager under the leadership of the Mayor.
- Recommend performance salary adjustments (if any) following performance reviews of Senior Staff.
THAT Councillor Mutton be appointed as Council’s representative on the Performance and Remuneration Committee.
The discussion of the reports for this meeting will take place in a closed session, with the press and public excluded, for the following reasons:
a) The matters relate to:
- Section 10A(2)(a) of the Act – personnel matters concerning particular individuals;
- Section 10A(2)(c) of the Act provides that Council can close to consider information that would, if disclosed, confer a commercial advantage on a person with whom the Council is conducting (or proposes to conduct) business;
- Section 10A(2)(e) of the Act – information that would disclose, prejudice the maintenance of the law; and
- Section 10A(2)(g) of the Act – advice that would otherwise be privileged for production in legal proceeding on the ground of legal professional privilege
b) The closed session involves only as much of the discussion as is necessary to preserve the relevant confidentiality, privilege or security.
Agenda and Reports for closed session meeting.