Tuesday 26 January
|CLOSED - Australia Day
Library Services Update
The Library is open for "Browse and Borrow". Due to current visitor number restrictions, we ask that you keep your visit brief to allow other customers to access the Library. See below for more details on available services and spaces.
- Browsing and Borrowing: You are welcome to browse and borrow from the open shelves in the Library. Due to current visitor number restrictions, we ask that you keep your visit brief to allow other customers to access the Library.
- After Hours Returns Chutes: Are open 24/7 for all returned items, so you can return items any time.
- Public PCs: Limited availability and access. Maximum 1 hour per day, per person.
- Photocopying & Scanning: Self-service only.
- Study Desks: Book-a-Desk online to reserve a space for study, reading and using the free Wi-Fi. Book Now
- Seating and Reading: There is limited seating available.
- Overdue Fees: Regular overdue fees apply.
- Reservation Fees: Our regular $2.50 reservation fee will apply for items out on loan or new items still being processed. Reservations on children's and young adult books or audiobooks are free of charge. Submit a free "Click and Collect" request for a bundle of reading suggestions to be set aside for you, selected by Stanton Librarians.
- Children's Storytime: Join us outdoors for Storytime in Civic Park. Bookings are essential, numbers limited. COVID safe practises will be in place. Visit our Instagram @Stanton_Library for a series of storytimes on IGTV that you can view anytime!
- Baby & Toddler Rhymetime: Join us for Rhymetime in Civic Park. Bookings are essential, numbers limited. COVID safe practises will be in place.
- Ask-a-Librarian: Contact the library to make an appointment for research assistance or e-resource help.
- Home Library Service: The Home Library Service is currently delivering to North Sydney residents and carers who are housebound and/or unable to visit the Library. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the library to enquire.
- Newspapers: Now available in the library.
- Justice of the Peace: Available by appointment only.
Conditions of Entry / Health & Safety Information
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- In line with NSW Health orders, all people entering the libraries must provide their name and contact number as a method for contact tracing. Before entering the Library, please scan the QR code near the entry door to 'check-in'. Most smartphone cameras can scan a QR code. If you don't have a smartphone our staff can assist you.
- To allow for safe physical distancing, there is a limitation on the number of visitors to the library and we will monitor visitation numbers closely. If the library is at maximum capacity, you will be asked to wait until a person has left.
- You will need your library card with you or displayed on your phone to borrow items using the self-check kiosks and to use our PCs and other equipment.
- We are a cashless facility, and cannot accept cash payments.
- All visitors must practise safe social distancing and are asked to use hand sanitiser before entering the building.
- There will be increased cleaning in high-touch areas.
- The health and safety of our staff and community is our top priority and we will be observing NSW Health public health orders and restrictions to safeguard everyone who comes through our doors.
234 Miller Street, North Sydney, 2060
Phone (02) 9936 8400
Post Locked Bag 916, North Sydney 2059
Sign up for Stanton eNews
Search for items, access digital resources, manage your library account.
Read the latest edition of Stanton's monthly newsletter
Join Stanton to unlock a wealth of resources, and the Shorelink Library Network.
Fees and charges for various Stanton services and facilities.
Stanton Library history, Stanton and the Shorelink network annual reports, plus our commitment to service.