Military Road Corridor Planning Study
From 2019 onwards Council is preparing a planning study for the Military Road Corridor in response to significant development interest along Military Road.
Stage 1 focuses on Neutral Bay Town Centre, the area generally located between Ben Boyd Road to the west and Hampden Avenue to the east and is the subject of this consultation.
Stage 2 will comprise the remainder of the corridor, including the island bordered by Military Rd and Falcon St, and the Cremorne Town Centre.
The objectives of the planning study are to:
- Engage with the community to inform the desired future character of the corridor;
- develop a vision, structure plan and principles that will manage future development pressure; and
- ensure tangible public benefits support job and housing growth by identifying necessary public domain upgrades and social infrastructure.
On 6 April 2020 Council determined to place the Draft Future Direction Report on public exhibition (52MB).
Public exhibition will be held from 23 April 2020 until 8 June 2020.
Please visit the Have Your Say website to access the document and leave your feedback.
Get detail about this project in the interactive Draft Future Direction Report (opens in new window).
Background to the Planning Study
From 2017-2019, Council was approached by various parties representing development interests along the Military Road Corridor. Council has consistently advised that ad-hoc proposals to amend planning controls are not supported, and that a comprehensive framework, through a planning study, should lead and guide future development.
The planning study will consider:
- regional and local strategic and policy context
- Precinct character
- built form and potential impacts
- transport and access
- economic and demographic context
- employment capacity
- public domain and social infrastructure.
A critical component of this work is consultation with the local community. Please visit our Have Your Say website for more information.
If you would like to discuss the Military Road Corridor Planning Study, please contact Tomas van der Meer, Strategic Planner - Urban Design, on 9936 8100.