The North Sydney Olympic Pool Development Application is set for determination by the Sydney North Planning Panel (SNPP) on 1 July 2020.
Details of the meeting and access to the report, conditions and attachments are available on the SNPP website:
The DA for the redevelopment of the North Sydney Olympic Pool facility was lodged on 30 October 2019 and publicly exhibited from 15 November to 13 December 2019. Council received 115 submissions.
Brewster Hjorth Architects, who prepared and submitted the DA on Council’s behalf, informed Council on 19 March 2020 that the independent planner assessing the application had requested further information and design changes to address predominantly heritage issues.
The applicant (Brewster Hjorth Architects) on behalf of Council had 14 days to submit the additional information and design changes.
At its meeting on 6 April 2020, Council resolved to adopt the amended plans which included changes to the entry foyer, the sundeck, the shade structure over the children’s pool, the roof of the café located adjacent to Olympic Boulevard and the shade structure over the grandstand. Details of the changes can be found in the Council reports or through the DA tracking tool.
Formal notifications of the amended plans commenced on Wednesday 22 April, and submissions closed 25 May 2020.
View - all the documentation, including the amended DA plans submitted April 2020, through our DA Tracking
Search for DA 347/19 in the search field.
Hard copies of the DA documentation are also available to view in Council’s Customer Service Centre.
The DA is being assessed by an independent planning consultant and will be reported to the Sydney North Planning Panel for determination.
Information - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key features of the redevelopment:
- 50m pool with dividing barrier function
- family leisure pool
- children's interactive water play area
- sundeck with gelato bar
- revamped cafe adjacent to Olympic Boulevard
- change facilities, including family change facilities
- grandstand with roof/shade structure, with capacity for 970 people
- expanded 1100m2 gym suitable for all ages in a new Grandstand
- 120m2 creche with 47m2 outdoor play area on the ground level
- 4 x lane 25m Indoor Pool, Warm Water Pool, Spa and Sauna Facilities
- café, with potential to host events
- 176m2 retail shop
- covered entry off Alfred Street
- all pool facilities will be fully accessible with purpose-built ramps
You can view more information on the history of the project here.
Council has prepared a series of Fact Sheets about the project:
Back to Listing