July 2022 update
Works on site this month were delayed due to inclement weather experienced early in the month of July.
Significant works completed include:
- Level 1 Pour 2 Slab on Ground complete.
- Level 3 plenum/concourse slab complete.
- Drainage installation compete under western stair.
- Construction of level 1 strip and pad footings complete.
- 50m Pool balance tank walls complete.
- Pour 2 walls of 50m pool structure complete
- Level 1 North West lift shaft walls and columns complete.
- Level 2 North East slab complete.
- Leakage Test to Program Pool complete.
- Hopkins Park steel work installed.
Activities forecast on-site for the next month are:
- Level 2 North West slab to be complete.
- Level 1 Pours 3, 4 and 5 Slab on Ground complete.
- 50m pool structure complete.
- Piling to Leisure Pool complete.
- Detailed excavation to Leisure Pool area complete.
- Outdoor pool plantroom slab to complete.
The current estimated completion date is July 2023.
Highlights of the project
The new state of the art fitness and leisure centre will significantly improve and expand the aquatic and recreational facilities available. This includes:
- Existing 50m and 25m pools will be upgraded and art deco features will be maintained, including the harbourside wall, sundeck and heritage stair tower.
- Exciting kids waterplay area with a splash pad and water spray feature.
- New warm water pool suitable for gentle exercise and other programs.
- Expanded gym with harbour views, separate spin and exercise rooms.
- Larger creche with private indoor and outdoor spaces.
- New 970 person grandstand with permanent shade for sun-safe swimming carnivals.
- Ramp access to pools and accessible change rooms
View the progress so far in this latest time-lapse video.
Watch this video to discover how the pool redevelopment will progress overall.
Watch this video for information and Q&A on the project (March 2021).
The images below are an artist impression of how North Sydney Olympic Pool will look once the redevelopment is complete.
View more information on the history of the project here.
Back to Listing